Hello to my Friends and Family!
It hasn’t been the easiest year so far, and I hope this email finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. With so many of us spending more time at home, the role that our pets play in making a crowded house instead feel like a wonderful, family-filled shelter has never been more clear. While it’s not always easy being a mom and running a rescue, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. These past months, I have been blessed to be surrounded by so much life and love from my animals and five beautiful children. With so much to worry about it can be hard to unwind, but my wish for you today is to take a moment to be with your family – the kids, cat, dog, horse, fish, rabbit or lizard!- and just kick back and play. You deserve it!
We might not be able to jet over to Hawaii or ride the coaster at our favorite amusement park right now, but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be a fun-filled summer. Now is the perfect time to:
- Discover new parks in your own neighborhood using Park Finder. Or to get a little further away, use AllTrails and take a hike! You can filter for dog or stroller friendly routes so everyone can enjoy the fresh air.
- Practice your cooking skills on Fido with recipes for easy at home dog treats.
- Get creative with DIY cat crafts using this template for a feather toy using felt, an iron, and a bell.
- No beach, no problem! Fire up the backyard hose for some water play for the whole family. Teaching dogs to swim in a kiddie pool is a great way to get them more comfortable with open water once we all have the opportunity to get back out there.
- Get your children involved with taking care of your smaller family members. More time at home means more time to go on walks, play in the yard, and teach young ones how to manage a feeding, grooming and medication schedule. Click here for a suggested list of age appropriate chores.
- Spend some time online at http://gabbysanimalrescuevisalia.org. Our new site has a photo gallery, information about our services, and everything you need to know to adopt an animal. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to get all the latest updates.
If you have other ideas for great ways to spend the summer days- no passport required, please leave them in the comments! We’d love to hear from you.
At all times, Gabby’s Animal Rescue maintains the proper level of sanitation needed to ensure all our animals are healthy and ready to play. We are so grateful to friends like you that have supported our work these past few months. We are a 100% volunteer run organization, and any donation goes a long way in providing the supplies, food, and care needed to find our animals the loving homes they deserve. If you are able to make a donation, please find our PayPal site here, or visit the Donate page on our website to learn about other ways to give.
Wishing you all a safe, four-legged and fur-filled summer!